Friday, January 23, 2015

the simple five: roasted garlic cauliflower


I've read somewhere in those food magazines that cauliflower is the "new vegetable of the year".  Not sure why it's considered "new", since it's been available at grocery stores longer than kale has.  No matter the reason, I'm embracing this new "trend", using this wonderfully dense vegetable as a great side dish instead of potatoes.  It's quite filling, very nutritious, and easy to make.

What I also like about this dish, besides that it only uses five ingredients, is the fact that you can use the leftovers for soup. I've added this to potato and cheese, or broccoli and cheese soup with wonderful results (can you tell I like cheese in my soups!).

Enjoy!

Roasted Garlic Cauliflower
(makes approximately 6 servings)

Ingredients
  • 1 large head of cauliflower
  • 3 tsp dried thyme (or about 4 sprigs of thyme, if you're using fresh)
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 4 tablespoons olive oil
  • ¼  cup of Parmesan cheese
Preparation
  • Preheat oven to 425°. 
  • Cut 1 head cauliflower into florets; 
  • Toss on a large rimmed baking sheet (I used my cast iron skillet) with olive oil, thyme, and garlic cloves.
  • Roast, tossing occasionally, until almost tender, about 20 minutes. 
  • Remove from the oven and sprinkle the grated parmesan on top of the cauliflower.  Put back in the oven for an additional 10 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment

What the beautiful people are saying...